Corporate team building events can be a lot of fun as well as being an important opportunity to network with your co-workers and build workplace relationships. Many companies will have a corporate team building event, perhaps at a restaurant or a resort. Some will include activities such as sports, events or even cooking classes. No matter what the theme of the corporate team building event is, the purpose is to get people together in an environment which is conducive to communication and teamwork.
If you want to get the most out of a corporate team building event, you will want to be prepared before you attend. Here are some tips for getting in the right mind-set before the event.
- First of all, you will want to prepare yourself with knowledge about what the event will be like before you attend. This will mean that you know roughly what to expect when you arrive. Being unprepared for the day’s activities can throw you off and make you lose your confidence, meaning that you will not benefit fully from the team building exercises.
- You will also want to know who will be attending. Will it be only people from your department, or other people throughout the company? Try to find out this information beforehand from the organisers of the event.
- On many corporate team building events there will be plenty of opportunities for networking, so it is a good idea to practice your elevator pitch before you go. An elevator pitch is when you sum up who you are and what you do in an interesting and engaging way in less than 30 seconds. You never know you might end up talking to!
- Get lots of sleep the night before the event, because you will want to be alert, positive and quick-witted in order to make the most of this very important socialising opportunity.
- Remember that what you wear makes an important first impression, so think about your outfit first and lay it out the night before.
- Most of all, relax, be yourself and have fun. Corporate team building events are a great chance to get to know your co-workers in a more laid back setting and to find common ground with them. Make sure that you take a moment or two to forget about work and just connect on a personal level.
These are just some helpful tips to keep in mind for when you are preparing for your next corporate team building event.
Here are some tips for preparing for a corporate team building event. Visit Aveqia to learn more about our excellent “active cooking” team building activities.